Cultivating our faith life is an important part of wellness. Here are a few ways to gain new perspective of yourself, others and God throughout the year. <!–split–>
- Try praying at different times during the day. You may notice that you pray differently at different times of the day.
- Laughter and rejoicing need to be a part of our faith life. Think of something funny that has happened, and thank God for giving us humor in our lives.
- Loving yourself is the first step in “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Spend a few minutes writing about what it means to love yourself. Remember that God loves you.
- Meditation or listening is a part of our faith life that we often neglect. Consider taking 5 minutes to sit quietly and breathe. Try to quiet your inner voice and just listen.
- Go for a prayerful walk and remember that all of creation belongs to God, though it can be easy to forget that. The air you breathe and the ground you walk on belong to God.
- Pray a movement prayer. Stretch out your arms. Touch your toes. Stretch your neck. Feel the brilliance in God’s creation and the way that your body is put together.
- Thankfulness comes in a variety of forms. Each day make a list of everything that you encounter for which you are thankful. At the end of the day, incorporate the list into a prayer.
Visit Church Health Reader for more healthy flyers: chreader.org
Happy New Year from Your Parish Nurse, Kara