All men are invited to the Men’s Breakfast on the first and third Wednesday’s of the month at 8:00 am. We meet at Denny’s Restaurant by South Park Shopping Mall, Moline.
UMW – November Activities
Unit Meeting: Tuesday, 6 November – 7:00 pm in Wesley Hall. Program will be “World Thank Offering”
- Rebekah Circle: Wednesday, 1 November – 9 am in the Activity Center.
- Priscilla Circle: Tuesday, 13 November – 7pm in Wesley Hall.
- Church Activities – Priscilla Circle.
- Greeters & Sick Calls – Rebekah Circle.
Other November Meetings & Events:
- 2 November, 9:00 am: Church Women United’s “World Community Day” at Christ United Methodist Church in East Moline. (School Kits and Health Kits are due).
- 3 November, 10:30 am: UMW District Meeting, “Local Officers’ Updates” at Fairview Center UMC.
- 10 November, 8:30am – Noon: UMW Spiritual Retreat at Maquon UMC.
- 18 November: Pantry Sunday.
United Methodist Women (UMW)
All women welcome to participate in United Methodist Women. We meet quarterly as a group (Unit Meeting), and support two small groups (Circle) which meet monthly.
- Rebekah Circle – first Wednesday of the month at 10 am.
- Priscilla Circle – second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm
Our Bethel Wesley UMW unit participates in District UMW educational programs including workshops and a book-reading program, and supports a variety of mission projects including Cunningham Children’s Home (Urbana IL) and Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House (East St. Louis IL).
We also serve as prayer partners and visitors for our shut-ins, and we provide meals following funerals. We plan a number of fund-raising activities to support our mission work, including an annual Ice Cream Social and a Christmas Cookie Walk.
Angel Child – Christmas presents are provided for children in-need.
Food Baskets – Food baskets are provided for families in need at Easter and Thanksgiving.
Food Pantry – Members provide supplies for the St. Mary’s food pantry.
Meal Site- Members prepare sandwiches and dessert weekly for King’s Harvest. Members also prepare and serve meals at Mt.Zion Church quarterly.
The Share The Care group provides help to members for a number of needs, including shopping, transportation, visitations, etc.
The Chancel Choir leads the music and provides special music for the 10:30 am traditional service. Rehearsals are 7 p.m. on Wednesday evenings. All teenagers and adults are welcome.
The Praise Band leads the music at the 9:00 am service. Singers and musicians, including drummers and guitar players, participate; other singers and musicians desiring to play contemporary Christian songs are also welcome. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings at 8:00 pm
The Handbell Choir provides special music throughout the year.