All men are invited to the Men’s Breakfast on the first and third Wednesday’s of the month at 8:00 am. We meet at Denny’s Restaurant by South Park Shopping Mall, Moline.
UMW – August Activities
NO UMW Unit Meeting in August.
- Rebekah Circle: Wednesday, 1 August, 10am in the Activity Center. Devotions: Donna Chyma.
- Priscilla Circle: Tuesday, 14 August, 7pm in Wesley Hall. Devotions: Sharon Kerofsky. We will carpool to Whitey’s for dessert.
- Church Activities – Rebekah Circle.
- Greeters & Sick Calls – Priscilla Circle.
Other August Meetings & Events:
- UMW Mission U, Springfield: Weekend Session (3-5 AUGUST) and Weekday Session (5-8 AUGUST)
- Bethel Wesley UMW Executive meeting (all officers please attend) – AUGUST 8TH, 10am
- “Seasons of Fun Luncheon” at Christ UMC, East Moline. Table viewing at 11:30 am; Lunch at Noon. Cost: $10. See Judy Pikuza for reservations by Aug. 6. No tickets sold at the door. – SATURDAY, AUGUST 11.
United Methodist Women (UMW)
All women welcome to participate in United Methodist Women. We meet quarterly as a group (Unit Meeting), and support two small groups (Circle) which meet monthly.
- Rebekah Circle – first Wednesday of the month at 10 am.
- Priscilla Circle – second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm
Our Bethel Wesley UMW unit participates in District UMW educational programs including workshops and a book-reading program, and supports a variety of mission projects including Cunningham Children’s Home (Urbana IL) and Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House (East St. Louis IL).
We also serve as prayer partners and visitors for our shut-ins, and we provide meals following funerals. We plan a number of fund-raising activities to support our mission work, including an annual Ice Cream Social and a Christmas Cookie Walk.
Angel Child – Christmas presents are provided for children in-need.
Food Baskets – Food baskets are provided for families in need at Easter and Thanksgiving.
Food Pantry – Members provide supplies for the St. Mary’s food pantry.
Meal Site- Members prepare sandwiches and dessert weekly for King’s Harvest. Members also prepare and serve meals at Mt.Zion Church quarterly. And for over 20 years we provide a monthly meal at the women’s shelter.
The Share The Care group provides help to members for a number of needs, including shopping, transportation, visitations, etc.
The Chancel Choir leads the music and provides special music for the 10:30 am traditional service. Rehearsals are 7 p.m. on Wednesday evenings. All teenagers and adults are welcome.
The Praise Band leads the music at the 9:00 am service. Singers and musicians, including drummers and guitar players, participate; other singers and musicians desiring to play contemporary Christian songs are also welcome. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings at 8:00 pm
The Handbell Choir provides special music throughout the year.