Cabin Fever? Here’s a short list of events to get you out with your Christian sisters and brothers!
- UMW Unit Meeting – Tuesday, February 2, 7:00 pm in Wesley Hall
- Ash Wednesday service – Wednesday, February 10, 7pm in the Sanctuary
- Christian Skate Night – Tuesday, February 16, 6-8pm at Skate City, East Moline
- Lent Soup Supper & Bible Study – each Wednesday during Lent, starting February 17, 5:30 pm
- Pancake Breakfast – Sunday, February 21, starting 8:15 am in the Activity Center
- Fellowship Lunch – Thursday, February 25 – Noon in the Activity Center
- Walk To Emmaus – April 7-10 (Men’s Walk), April 14-17 (Women’s Walk) at Camp Summit.
- “Women of Faith – A New You” — Saturday April 9, 9:00am-3:00 pm at Kumler UMC, Springfield IL <!–split–>
CHRISTIAN SKATE NIGHT – Skate City in East Moline – Tuesday, February 16 from 6-8pm. $5.00.
LENTEN SEASON begins with Ash Wednesday, which this year is February 10, and we will worship that evening at 7:00 pm with the imposition of ashes. Each succeeding Wednesday evening beginning February 17th at 5:30 pm there will be a soup supper followed by a time of Bible study in which we will be dissecting and studying the Lord’s Prayer. The schedule for Holy Week and other Lenten events will be forthcoming. If you are interested in providing soup for any Wednesday during Lent please contact Pam Lawson.
FELLOWSHIP LUNCH – Thursday, February 25 – Noon in the Activity Center. A $5 donation is asked to cover the building use. All retirement-age folks are welcome! Please inform Steve or Mary Ann Harvey if you plan on attending.
WALK TO EMMAUS – If you are looking for a truly spiritual weekend to connect or reconnect with God consider participating in a Walk to Emmaus Weekend. It’s a 72-hour experience with fellow Christian brothers and sisters from around the Quad-Cities area. The men’s walk is April 7-10 and the women’s walk is April 14-17, both held at Camp Summit. This may seem a long way off in the future, but I ask that you be in prayer, as I will be in prayer for you, concerning God leading you into this new venture. You won’t be sorry.
A WOMEN OF FAITH RETREAT titled “Women of Faith – A New You” will be held 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday April 9, 2016 at Kumler UMC, Springfield, Illinois. Topics include:
- Let Go and Let God
- Healing Inner Trauma through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Living the Serenity Prayer
Speakers for the day include Rev. Gifty Roberts-Smith, Mrs. Kathy Torrance, and Rev. Joye Perry. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Cost for the day is $20.00. You may register by contacting Kumler UMC at 217-523-2046 or email Kumler2010@aol.com. For immediate assistance contact Aletha Weatherall at 217-891-0027 or email Aletha.firstname.lastname@example.org. A flyer is also posted on the bulletin board in Pearson Hallway.